Monday January 24, 2011
Charter Homes “Local Know How” Series Kicks Off!
Interested in moving to East Hempfield? Already live in the Lancaster area, and looking for something fun to do? Charter Homes is here to help! You can also find this list at www.charterhomes.com/veranda – just click on the “Local Know How” link!
East Hempfield Township is one of Lancaster PA’s most sought-after addresses and home of our celebrated Veranda neighborhood. East Hempfield offers these attractions and events:
Things to Do in East Hempfield Township:
- Get your local produce fix just across the street at Cokie’s Farm Stand and Greenhouse. Located across Harrisburg Pike from Veranda on Sylvan Road, Cokie’s Farm Stand serves up farm fresh seasonal produce – including 30 varieties of heirloom tomatoes, the “best sweet corn you’ll ever taste”, and local strawberries and asparagus. Cokie’s is open Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. until dark.
- Shop ’til you drop at Park City, the largest enclosed shopping mall in South Central Pennsylvania. Get your fill of great shopping, including the new Fountain Shoppes: Williams-Sonoma, Banana Republic,Coldwater Creek, White House Black Market and Starbucks!
- Pump some iron just across the street at Gold’s Gym.
- Work on your tennis game at Hempfield Rec Center; they also offer many other activities for adults and kids!
- Visit the Amos Herr House & Park. Donated by Amos Herr upon his death, the site includes a beautiful farmhouse built in 1852, adjoining barns and the East Hempfield Township municipal building.
- Clink your mugs with pride at the area’s own brewing company, Lancaster Brewing Company.
- Enjoy a great meal and fantastic entertainment at the Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre.
- Throw some strikes at Leisure Lanes Bowling Center.
- Don’t forget to yell “FORE” when playing at the Four Seasons Golf Course.
UPDATE: More great ideas from our readers!
- Sample the “best bagels in town” at Grand Central Bagel Cafe - a Yelp favorite!
- Have breakfast at Ida’s Cafe, a “hidden gem” in Rohrerstown with the “friendliest people on earth” ready to serve you!
- The “hollandaise sauce is perfect” at the Pantry Deli – a great stop for Eggs Florentine or crepes.
- Take a walk (bring the dog!) at Noels Dorwart Memorial Park - great for a jog.
We want your input! Do you have a favorite local business? What are your favorite things to do in East Hempfield?
Leave us a comment and let us know! We’ll be continuously updating this list with your ideas.