Tuesday August 25, 2015
Before you jump in your car this Labor Day and head nowhere fast in bumper-to-bumper traffic, think about it. Do you really want to hear "are we there yet" endless times or do you want to relax and love the three-day weekend at home? A little planning and imagination will keep everyone happy including the kids. Here are a few ideas from Pinterest to get you started.
1. A Lounge-In Under the Stars - Who needs to head to the movies when you can all be comfy, cozy in your backyard. (viralnova.com)
2. Can you say Dirty Martini? - A potting bench provides double duty. Cool off with your favorite beverage after a hot day of gardening! (thecreativityexchange.com)
3. Light Up the Night - There's something warming and special about a simple string of lights. Add a few white table cloths to bring your party up a notch.(domesticfashionista.com)
4. A Smores Buffet - You'll be the coolest (and most popular) parents on the block. There's nothing more interactive than a make-your-own dessert. (lovelyish.com)
5. Show Your True Colors - Last but not least, display your patriotism by incorporating our nation's colors into your holiday entertaining. (itallstartedwithpaint.com)